On Thursday 25 January 2007 23:10, robert alianello wrote:
> Hello. I have a windows computer at my house. However, I was looking to
> remotly access my linux server. Does VNC allow you to connect to a linux
> system if you are running windows on your home computer?

Yes it does.  Also try FreeNX on the server and the NoMachine Windows client
on your home computer.  If you don't need a gui then forget VNC.  sshd
running on the server and PuTTY on the Windows machine should suffice for all
CLI actions and it should be blindingly fast.  On the other hand if you just
want vanilla VNC it would be more secure to run it through ssh anyway by
forwarding port 5900.
Mick