> "Seak, Teng-Fong"  wrote:
>     OK, after reading your other post, I now understand what you wanted
> to do.  However, there's a little problem with your original idea: since
> VNC server seemed to crash because of other applications (Macromedia?),
> even if there's an integrated VNC function to reboot the computer, don't
> you think it would become difficult for it to fulfill the mission since
> VNC server itself isn't working anymore?  You would need some sort of
> back door to reboot it instead, as the remoteshutdown that you've
> suggested in the other post.

I understand your point of view. That's why it should be an add-on to VNC
(an extra service).
Anyway when I got my problem with Macromedia I still had the VNC password
prompt (but no screen at all), so I guess a REBOOT command in the VNC
service itself would have done the trick (for my problem).

I tried to send the file via the mailing-list but it didn't dispatch.

Regards,
jcn50.