On Friday 30 March 2007 14:53, Mikael Petterson (KI/EAB) wrote:

> I have a computer that only has a Zyxel 660 Triple Play modem (just a
> bridge) that forwards all traffic. I want to remote admin with RealVNC
> installed. The ip is assigned by the my broadband operator.
>
> How shall I make it possible to reach my computer externally (Over the
> internet)? What steps do I need to take?

Set up your software firewall at the server machine to allow incoming
connections on port 5900 from the IP address of the client machine.  Always
use a strong password which should be encrypted when sent over the Internet.
Therefore you will need to use either Personal or Enterprise Edition VNC, or
set up port forwarding via an SSH tunnel, or VPN.  CopSSH probably the
easiest to set up.  The RealVNC website has documentation with links to guide
you on setting up the VNC server and viewer.

HTH.
Mick