Hi all,

I have a very strange problem.
I am using RealVNC on my desktop in New York to connect to my desktop in
California. I have done this before successfully, but this week I've been
trying to do it again, and it won't work.

When I attempt to connect, it says "Attempting to connect to host..." for a
few moments, then says "Unable to connect to host: Connection timed out
(10060)"

Here are my specs:

Router in New York: Linksys WRT54GX4
Router in California: Linksys WRT54G

I forwarded all appropriate ports for VNC use. This week, I went as far as
setting my desktops IP addresses as the DMZ hosts on the routers, just to
see if I could get it to work that way.

Here's what gets really weird: I can't even connect from my desktop, to my
roommates computer and she's within my local network! I tried connecting to
her computer from my MacBook Pro using Chicken of the VNC and got a
connection error from that as well.

I should also mention that I am able to connect to myself by using my own IP
address.

I'm thoroughly confused and would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions.

Thanks!