Denis Vergne wrote :
> Hi,
> Is it possible to put in the command line the password of the target
> machine to be accessed with VNC.
> We have a lot of machines that we access with VNC using windows Men
> and Shortcuts and as we can put the IP and port of the target in the comman
> line (vncviewer.exe 192.168.1.1:5902) I wonder if we can also add the
> password ...
> Thanks
>  Denis

Hi Denis

I assume that you use Windows VNCviewer b:

No you canbt this way
...... but you can instead put the password , the target address and channel  (
and also other interesting parameters such as the rescale ) in a configuration
file that you will call via a command line ( or in a shortcut properties ) this
way :
"C:\Program Files\RealVNC\VNC4\vncviewer.exe" -config  Setup14.vncb for
example where Setup14.vnc contains all the parameters you need ans also the
password ( if you want ) .

This configuration file has been created by the VNCviewer, ( once you succeeded
to connect to the desired channel and set up all you want concerning it ) via
the boptionb menu then Load/Save page , then bConfiguration pageb , bSave
asb , you then have the choice to save (or not to save) the password in a
configuration file

Hope to help

Jean-Marie

Message: 1