On Mon, Aug 06, 2007 at 10:48:20AM -0400, Boyd Campbell wrote:
> Please recall from my message that it works fine from some locations and is
> consistent across machines at those locations. IE: All machines at certain
> locations work and all machines at other locations get the black screen. I
> fail to see how the server is the issue, but I'm still open to your
> suggestions and will review the link.

That behaviour is exactly the expected behaviour when the server
tries to do a Path MTU Discovery but fails (in some cases.) On the
working networks the MTU used by the server fits on all path
components (the Path MTU Discovery is never triggered or works
as expected.) On the non-functional networks the MTU used by the
server triggers an ICMP request to fragment the data, but that
request is dropped/filtered by some network equipment on its way
back to the server.

But again, I'm just guessing.

Cheers,
Peter