If you are connecting through vpn, your vpn mtu is too large. This is common problem. VNC appears to be sensitive to the packet loss more than say a browser. Somehow you have large packet loss on this connection.

Alex

Fionn 101 wrote:
Hi All,

I have been having a lot of black screen problems when I connect to a remote
site,

When I connect to the Remote machine , the VNC service asks for a password ,
so I know my connection is reaching the client.

I have found that if I throttle the bandwidth downwards (say to 1mbps)
rather than the optimum (and experimental) 2mbps connection,

Then once I am faced with the black screen from the client machine I press
'Refresh' (fourth button from top left) this will allow me to see the users
screen.

I am aware this is not so much of a fix, rather a little way to gain access
. but it works here !!
Perhaps this method stops VNC from trying to Autodetect the bandwidth and
also AutoNegotiate the creen settings ???

I'm unsure , perhaps someone can test this , but I hope it help .

Bye (From Ireland)

Fionn