Hi,

Recently we needed to replace our (comprimised) remote administration software
on our server.
While still working in the previous remote administration I installed the free
version VNC on our server, connected to VNC, then deinstalled the old remote
administration software. We missed some functionality in the free version so
we thought about installing the enterprise VNC version. So I downloaded the
software on the server and installed the enterprise edition. I think I have a
problem now :-) The enterprise edition doesn't allow me to connect to the
server anymore. I get the message "Server license key is missing, invalid or
has expired" etc.
I don't have a license so I'm guessing the 'missing' part of this message is
my problem.
Somehow I think I just shot myself in the foot :-)

Is there a way to resolve this remotely? I was trying to get the enterprise
edition to evaluate it so I have no license key to give to VNC. I truly hope a
trip to the datacenter can be avoided. And if I do need to go to the
datacenter what do I need to give the VNC server to have it in evaluation mode
and accept remote connections?

Some extra information:
The free VNC edition was installed last week.
The enterprise edition was downloaded and installed today (3 sept 2007)
If need be I can reboot the server remotely, it is on a powerstrip that I can
control
Remote desktop (RDP) is not active on the server
Server OS is Windows 2000 Server

Not my brightests of days and moments, sigh....

Cheers,
Steven Spierenburg