John Aldrich wrote:
> Hi, all... I've been a long-time user of RealVNC, but haven't used it
> in awhile. I'm trying to tunnel to my Fedora Core 6 box at home via PuTTY
> and it doesn't seem to be working. I can ssh to the linux box, but
> whenever I attempt to use VNC, I immediately get "the connection closed
> unexpectedly" and an offer to try again.

Places to look for clues:

- PuTTY's event log (right click title bar -> Event Log)
- /var/log/secure (info from the sshd side)
- /home/<user>/.vnc/*.log (though it sounds like you have already verified
the server is working)
- hostname in tunnel setup (sometimes if you use the hostname instead of
localhost then the FC6 firewall becomes an issue)

--
William Hooper