Thanks for the suggestion, but I have method that fits my needs that works
on WinXP and I am trying to make it work on VISTA.

Currently I have clients that are behind firewalls and I am not allowed to
contact them directly.  I have another service that checks with me and finds
out that I want to make a connection.  I put VNC on my end in listen mode
and the service on the client does "c:\program files\.....\winvnc.exe
-connect <myIP>" to tell the WinVNC service on the client end to make the
connection.  This works under WinXP.

On VISTA, with the session 0 isolation, when my service executes "c:\program
files\.....\winvnc.exe -connect <myIP>" I think that there is an error and
the WinVNC service can not be found because it is in another session and can
not be seen by my service.

I think that on VISTA there is some way that I can communicate with the
WinVNC service from a different session, because with WinVNC4 running as a
service on VISTA the WinVNC SysTray tool can pass a message to the WinVNC
service to tell it to initiate a connection.

Dave