Hi Steve,

The problem is not with running UltraVNC alongside a standard VNC server -
UltraVNC is based on the old VNC 3 system, which used different registry
keys, etc, but with protocol compatibility.  UltraVNC uses a custom protocol
that although based on RFB is not fully compatible with it.

Cheers,

--
Wez @ RealVNC Ltd