I have a problem. I have a XP machine running Free VNC Server. I am able to
connect to the computer remotely. The connection is established, and VNC
Server accepts the password. Upon login to the host I am carried to the
Windows login screen (this happens even if an account is already logged in).
On the host there are two accounts, a password protected admin and the guest
account is turned on. When I try to log into either of these accounts (keep
in mind that I am already connected through VNC) the connection is dropped
upon login. I got a friend to sit at the host when I try to login, and he
says that it is indeed logging into the account I try to log into, but I am
just loosing my connection. VNC is running as a service on the computer and
I have allowed it as an exception through the Windows firewall at the
appropriate port. I disabled all other antivirus software on the pc and it
still happens. Can anyone help me?