Dean,

"Connection Refused" means that the test page received a response from your
computer indicating that no program was accepting connections on the RFB port
(5900).  This can mean that it's actually connecting to the wrong computer, or
that the VNC Server is not in fact running on the target computer.  The latest
VNC Enterprise and Personal Edition servers have a handy Status dialog giving
details of the state the VNC Server thinks it is in.  If you're using VNC Free
Edition then you might check that the system is listening on port 5900 using
"netstat -an".

Wez @ RealVNC Ltd