Garth,

"Not accepting connections" means exactly that!  The two most likely causes of
this status are 1) your server is configured not to accept connections, and 2)
it is configured to accept connections, but something else is already using
the port number that it was configured to use.

You can run "netstat -b" as an Administrator (assuming you're running Windows)
to find out which programs are using which port numbers.

Wez @ RealVNC Ltd