Hi Peter,

Yes, what Ricardo said. Why do you need VNC if your PC is linked to your TV?

Anyway, video's are usually displayed differently from the other stuff
that's on your screen. Rather than going through a windows API, your player
streams it's output directly to your graphics card. That means, Windows
"sees" only a black screen, but your card displays video content on your
display anyway. A tool like VNC interfaces with the windows API and hence,
doesn't see the actual content and only sees the black screen.

However, if your PC has a secondary video output (like the s-video link to
your TV), then it should be able to show movies on both. So, even when the
movie isn't visible in your VNC console, it should still appear on your TV
(as long as the TV gets it's feed directly from the source PC and not
through the VNC console on another machine).

BTW, I haven't done any experimenting on this myself, but if you use VLC
media player, it has different options to stream the video content to the
graphics adapter. Maybe there is one that is compatible with VNC. It's worth
a try.

Cheers,

Pascal