So is it safe to assume the access line is POTS/analog? If so, you have POTS
from local Malaysian LEC to your network? Are you Connecting to your network
via a SIP trunk? If so, you can capture the IP packets where it enters your
network using Wireshark (or any other tool which captures RTP eg
Palladion/OCOM) and listen to the file. Obtaining a PESQ score on your audio is
not recommended but your subjective assessment will identify perhaps pkt loss
versus noise on the analog POTS line.

A pkt capture monitoring  tool will only measure pkt loss & jitter . so if the
impairment is being introduced on the Malaysian LEC IP network, you will
measure it. But if it is a problem with the analog access line, you’ll need an
audio layer measurement such as PESQ.

PESQ is an active intrusive test and involves sending a very clean audio file
into the system under test (ie network ) and receiving at other end and
comparing that with the original signal using a proprietary software algorithm
(PESQ). This can be automated with something like Malden . and in the case of
Malden, measured accurately. This will give you a number. Ie a MOS number which
you can communicate to the Malaysian LEC and show them how bad it is in
quantitative terms and also ow often/time of day etc. Malden will also give you
analysis on the cause of the problem

Lets know if we can be of further help

Thanks

Richard Jobson
Teraquant Corporation
ph: 719 488 1003 ext 101
www.teraquant.com
i...@teraquant.com

On 7/11/16, 4:05 PM, "VoiceOps on behalf of jungle Boogie"
<voiceops-boun...@voiceops.org on behalf of jungleboog...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 11 July 2016 at 13:38,  <mgra...@mstvp.com> wrote:
> This may be a silly question.....is there any way that I can get a MOS or
> PESQ score for a call?

See this blog:
https://txlab.wordpress.com/2015/06/02/quality-assurance-for-voip-calls-2/

And this: