A few years ago I hacked together something in PHP which we use internally, it uses pcap2msc and msgen.

I can't release the code, but the snippet below should give you a good idea..

system("python /usr/local/bin/pcap2msc $pcap_filename_in sip | mscgen -T png -o $png_filename_out > /dev/null 2>&1");

On 02/25/2017 05:33 PM, Hiers, David wrote:
I've had good luck with the java api:

java.sip.ladder.before.coffee.newbie()

It'll throw the wildest exceptions sometimes, however.

:)

David

-----Original Message-----
From: VoiceOps [mailto:voiceops-boun...@voiceops.org] On Behalf Of Alex Balashov
Sent: Saturday, February 25, 2017 2:14 PM
To: Voiceops@voiceops.org
Subject: [VoiceOps] SIP ladder diagram builder

Hello,

Is there a nice SIP ladder diagram building utility these days into which one
can feed a packet capture and get a ladder diagram out?

I see the decaying skeletons of several such ventures online, but what's the
new news?

sngrep is fantastic for live troubleshooting, but unfortunately its rendering
is not export-orientated and doesn't lend itself to automaton.

Either image or ASCII output is fine. Just needs to be automatic and exportable.

Many thanks!

-- Alex

-- Alex

--
Principal, Evariste Systems LLC (www.evaristesys.com)

Sent from my Google Nexus.

in error, notify the sender immediately by return email and delete the message
and any attachments from your system.

if at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you