I highly doubt bandwidth or Internet connectivity are the whole story. Anyone
who thinks that a private connection to an otherwise public-facing CLEC/ITSP is
going to eliminate or substantially reduce their exposure to problems of this
nature is thinking naively.

> On Sep 30, 2021, at 8:50 AM, Mike Hammett <voice...@ics-il.net> wrote:
>
> I know about peering well.
>

> Why I ask is that from an IP traffic engineering scenario, PNIs are great.
> They really limit the failure domain. However, because there are very few
> details coming out, we don't know if it's even a data capacity limitation.
> Maybe the SBCs are maxed out in terms of compute capacity and therefore,
> bypassing the Internet doesn't actually do anything for you.
>
> Maybe there's more to it than just a DDoS.
>

> -----
> Mike Hammett
> Intelligent Computing Solutions
> http://www.ics-il.com
>

> Midwest Internet Exchange
> http://www.midwest-ix.com

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)