From: VoiceOps <voiceops-boun...@voiceops.org> On Behalf Of Jared Geiger
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2022 3:47 PM
To: VoiceOps <voiceops@voiceops.org>
Subject: [VoiceOps] Arbitration or Peering?

This blog post from Transnexus highlights a filing Inteliquent placed with the
FCC about an Arbitrage Scheme.
https://transnexus.com/blog/2022/access-arbitrage-rules-discussion/

The link is broken to the original filing so I can't read the full details.

Maybe I'm not understanding the full complaint, but Inteliquent is expecting a
lot of traffic to come through them to the IPES's number ranges but they aren't
getting the traffic. The "Wholesale Inbound Provider" instead is getting the
traffic.

Wouldn't this just be similar to private peering between providers? I've had
"10 Digit peering" service before from a vendor but that product went away a
few years ago.

~Jared