Maybe this suggestion should be made to NENA and the National 911 administrators. They may not know it's a problem.

MARY LOU CAREY
BackUP Telecom Consulting
Office: 615-791-9969
Cell: 615-796-1111

On 2022-10-12 01:22 PM, Mike Johnston via VoiceOps wrote:
I wish more 911 systems had a 933 number.  I've made actual 911 calls
for testing purposes more times than I can remember.  I always call
the Sheriff's Office admin line first, asking if this is an alright
time. But sometimes my 911 call is routed to a different county than I
expected, and that doesn't always go so well with the dispatcher.  But
that sort of proves why we need to do the test calls.

On a related note, we sometimes setup a 977 number on PBX systems.
This will read back the number that will be outpulsed if you were to
call 911.  There are scenarios where what you would normally want to
use as the outbound calling number is not the same as what you want to
use when calling 911 (for E911 location, callback, etc.).  Our 977
number helps us verify we have at least that much configured
correctly.

But we still would need to call 911 so a dispatcher can verify the rest.
"Does your console say which room I am in, or which floor I am on?"
"Room 207, Floor 2, Entrance 4"
"Perfect.  I'll call you back in a minute from the next room."