Posted by Eugene Volokh:
Blog</a>:
http://volokh.com/archives/archive_2005_06_05-2005_06_11.shtml#1118269451

   This is the blog put up by Goldstein & Howe, a major Supreme Court
   litigation boutique and the operator of [1]SCOTUSblog. My question:
   How influential is the blog likely to be during the Supreme Court
   nomination season?

   My conjecture: Very. I don't know how many hits it will get, but I
   suspect that:
    1. Most journalists who are covering the debates, and politicos
       involved in the debates, will check it routinely, and will be
       influenced to some extent by what is written there.
    2. People who want to influence the debate will dearly love to get
       their points picked up by the G&H bloggers.
    3. As with all editors and reporters, the bloggers will occasionally
       have opportunities to influence the process, for instance by
       deciding what to stress, what things to cover more than other
       things, what to investigate further, when to post certain things,
       and so on; it will be up to the G&H people to decide whether they
       want to use the opportunities, and how much.

   Of course, this raises another point: What other Supreme Court
   Nomination Blogs will there be out there? And how will they persuade
   reporters and politicos to read them, as well as the G&H blog?