Posted by Eugene Volokh:
The Italian-American Anti-Defamation League:
http://volokh.com/archives/archive_2009_02_15-2009_02_21.shtml#1234999048

   The story of [1]Muzzammil Hassan -- "The founder of an upstate New
   York TV station aimed at countering Muslim stereotypes has been
   arrested on suspicion of killing his wife, who was beheaded,
   authorities said" -- reminded a reader of the [2]Italian-American
   Anti-Defamation League, which was founded by mafioso Joseph Colombo
   Sr.

   And, yes, of course the great bulk of Italian-Americans consists of
   perfectly decent law-abiding citizens, as does the great bulk of
   American Muslims. It would just be nice if the heads of the groups
   didn't exemplify the very stereotypes the groups were aimed at
   fighting. (I should note that Hassan has of course not yet been
   convicted, though to my untutored eye [3]things look bad.)