Posted by David Post:
Open Source and Free Software:
http://volokh.com/archives/archive_2009_03_29-2009_04_04.shtml#1238473610

   Just for the record, in a response [1]to my earlier posting about free
   software and copyright law, Richard Stallman sent me the following:

     I am disappointed that you describe my work as "open source",
     because I disagree with that camp and I constantly struggle against
     the misinformation which labels my work that way. You might as well
     call my work "Republican". For instance, this sentence

     Stallman understands this thoroughly � though the vast majority of
     commentators on the open source movement have missed this point.

     is likely to lead readers to suppose erroneously that I am a
     supporter of the open source movement, ewhen in fact I disagree
     with it fundamentally.

     See
     [2]http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.html
     for an explanation of this disagreement.

     Would you please replace "open source" with "free software" in this
     posting about my work?

   Done.