Posted by Jonathan Adler:
Justice Feddie?
http://volokh.com/archives/archive_2009_07_05-2009_07_11.shtml#1246992563

   Georgia's Judicial Nominating Commission has released a [1]list of
   nine individuals it recommends Governor Sonny Perdue consider in
   naming a replacement for Justice Leah Ward Sears on the Georgia
   Supreme Court. As reported in the AJC, those on the list are all
   prominent attorneys and judges from within the state. One nominee in
   particular should be familiar to the legal blogosphere: [2]Stephen
   Dillard. An attorney at a mid-sized firm in Macon, Dillard was also
   the founder of the conservative law and policy blog, [3]Southern
   Appeal, where he blogged under the name "Feddie."

   I like Dillard -- I guest-blogged for him on judicial nomination stuff
   several years back -- as does [4]Mike at Crime & Federalism. PFAW's
   "Right Wing Watch," on the other hand, [5]dreads the prospect of
   Justice Dillard. I would be surprised if Dillard gets the nod. He's
   the youngest on the list and some of the others have more traditional
   credentials for this sort of thing. I wish him luck.