Posted by Eugene Volokh:
A Footnote You Wouldn't Want To See in a Court Opinion:
http://volokh.com/archives/archive_2009_07_12-2009_07_18.shtml#1247691137

   From [1]Lopez v. Candaele, which I blogged about [2]below:

     This case is likewise not mooted by Defendants� recent revelation
     that the Policy was supposedly repealed in 2007.[2] First, the
     Policy continues to appear on the District�s and LACC�s
     websites.... Thus, Plaintiff, and other students and employees, can
     reasonably believe they are subject to the Policy and experience a
     chilling effect.

     [2] We are chagrined that defense counsel and Defendants�
     representative who were present at the oral argument on June 10,
     2009 were apparently ignorant of the status of a policy they
     purported to defend. This lack of preparedness is viewed with great
     disfavor.

   Lawyers and future lawyers, take heed. Thanks to commenter [3]Gabriel
   M. for the pointer.