Posted by Ilya Somin:
My Testimony on Property Rights at the Sotomayor Confirmation Hearings:
http://volokh.com/archives/archive_2009_07_12-2009_07_18.shtml#1247796076

   As many of our readers know, I testified at Judge Sonia Sotomayor's
   confirmation hearings before the Senate Judiciary Committee today, on
   the subject of property rights. My written testimony (which is much
   more extensive than the brief oral testimony at the hearing), can be
   read [1]here. It discusses - in greater detail than I could on this
   blog - Sotomayor's most notorious property rights ruling: [2]Didden v.
   Village of Port Chester. I also analyze her much better ruling in
   [3]Krimstock v. Kelly, a case that addressed an issue that will come
   before the Supreme Court this fall, in [4]Alvarez v. Smith.

   I realize, of course, that what I say is unlikely to affect the
   outcome of the confirmation process. Nonetheless, it was an honor to
   be the first witness ever called to testify at a supreme court
   confirmation hearing specifically about property rights issues. Far
   more importantly, [5]the extensive focus on property rights at these
   hearings (especially compared to the near-total neglect of these
   issues when past nominees came before the Senate) is a good sign for
   the future.

   UPDATE: A webcast of the oral testimony should probably be available
   at the [6]Judiciary Committee website tomorrow.