Hi Jonathan,

This is my first message to this mailing list. I used only observe the
conversation but your message convinced to reply.

First, I'd note I didn't read fully your message but only skimmed it and I saw
your remark point on the link which was supposed to "prove your point" on 2nd
law.

<https://gizmodo.com/scientists-create-230-percent-efficient-led-bulbs-5890719>

> In their experiments, the team was able to generate 69 picowatts of light
> from just 30 picowatts of energy. They did so by harnessing waste heat, which
> is caused by vibrations in the bulb's atomic lattice, to compensate for the
> losses in electrical power. The device also reacts to ambient heat in the
> room to increase its efficiency and power the bulb.

This means that they only used some ambient energy kinetic / heat caused by
power propagation losses on the wire.

( so still zero sum law is preserved in bigger "box" aka closed system )

No 2nd law has been yet empirically disproved ( because you can't prove
something true in physics using mathemical terms ).

Kind regards,
EOL