On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 11:06 AM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I think the only way it could happen would be if government regulators
> opposed to cold fusion refuse to admit the machine is real, and allow it
> only because they claim it does not exist.

Nonsense.  First, almost nobody is "opposed to cold fusion".  Why in the
world would anyone be "opposed" to a plentiful source of new, clean
energy?   Would people be opposed to hot fusion if it could be shown to
economically feasible and safe?   Would they be open to a new process to
better extract energy from sunlight?   Would they be opposed to a new find
of huge amounts of natural gas?   The idea that cold fusion isn't accepted
because of some vague but highly evil conspiracy to oppose it is purely
ridiculous.

If Rossi or Defkalion's claims are real, which is looking less and likely
with every day that passes, then no "government regulator opposed to cold
fusion" could stop them.  What would they say to a dozen clean and clear
tests proving that those robust claims are valid?  What could anyone
possibly say if several prestigious test labs and universities verified
those claims?  What could they say when millions of machines poured out of
Chinese, Indian, Mexican, or other country's factories?   The conspiracy
theory of why cold fusion isn't a proven and useful technology is crazy.