William Beaty wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, Taylor J. Smith wrote:
>
> > >    Extra lanes added to Interstate Five in Seattle
> > >    http://www.amasci.com/stopgo.html
> >
> > What's supposed to happen?  I stared at it (reversing cube effect?), but
> > nothing changed;
>
> With a recent version of Internet Explorer?
>
> It's a 16-frame animation loop with very obvious motion.  The whole screen
> is supposed to be covered with moving traffic waves, as the individual
> cars all make their jerky way from left to right across the screen.  It's
> similar to the animation at http://amasci.com/traf/
>
> I just tried Mozilla, and it works too.   I know that older browsers don't
> animate your background GIF,  which has probably been a good thing;

Hi Bill,

I got the moving traffic -- I just thought there
might be a visual illusion.  Incidentally, I
think your antitraffic wave experiments are
great.  For years I've driven with a large gap
between me and the car in front.  It makes a
lot less wear on the nerves.  If someone wants
to cut in, that's fine with me.

Speaking of browsers, I was viewing the stop-go
with Opera masquerading as MSIE6.  Sites
created with MS Front Page or MS Publisher have
a way of locking out non-MS browsers.  My favorite
browser is Netscape 3 (each one since 3 has gotten
worse).  I would very much like the Netscape 3
source code for Linux.  Netscape tells me they
have LOST the source code; only the 386 binaries
are available.

Jack Smith