...Friday Fractured Farside Fusion funniness ...

Fusion takes place in our sun and other stars at temperatures of millions of degrees Celsius, where hydrogen is converted to helium and so on. In order to accomplish fusion, the protons involved must overcome electrostatic repulsion to get close enough for the attractive nuclear strong force to take over and then to fuse the particles. It involves statistical *probability* even at the highest temperatures. But the probability can be stated fairly accurately.

There is a set of intertwined variables that operate together, known far and wide in hot -fusion circles as the Lawson criteria, which must be met for fusion: the ion density required is correlated with the confinement time at a certain temperature. The minimum condition for a fusion reaction is stated as a product of the these, but at a threshold temp - usually a plasma of 10 keV for tritium+deuterium.

This accounting is what one often sees dogmatically expressed by self-appoint experts to show why CF is impossible:the Lawson criterion for magnetic confinement devices:
Plasma density n/cm^3  5 x 10^14
Plasma temperature T_i (keV)  10
Confinement time (microseconds)  200

Obviously, conditions on stars are very much different, with no tritium and longer effective confinement - as is cold fusion. However, the three variables should balance out in different regimes, given certain qualifications, to wit  IF the "ignition" temp is not related to any real threshold temperature, per se, just to micro-kinetic movement at a certain geometry that provides a statistical gradient. In general, this situation could be expected for the one stable isotope in the periodic table which is capable of shelf-shielding, deuterium, and the new criteria itself should be amenable to apply to cold fusion, except... err it is presently rather tainted by the skeptical breath of all those hot fusioneers who have been caught huffing its intoxicating fumes..

This new and more correct accounting is what will be eventually known far and wide in cold fusion circles as the "Farside Criteria" in honor of that other Lawson, the one with the good sense to realize that life is way too short to even consider being a skeptic. If you must disagreeable, then at least have the decency to be a cynic. Most of them fortunately come bound-at-the-lip with a fair amount of mollifying humor.

Most skeptics, OTOH are continually stewing in their own avarice-juices, as it is really an attitude of greed, pure and simple. Greed, bred from educational snobbery, that transforms into the horrible fear that others with fewer abbreviations after their name, those who won't tow-the-company-line and wallow at feet of the real purveyors of fusion knowledge, will succeed where the establishment has utterly failed. IOW they are very frightened that someone without the proper lineage, peerage, and credentials will slip in the back-door and make a big discovery in fusion before they have time to alter their phoney-baloney math mistakes, so that they can rewrite history to make it appear that they knew cold fusion would work all along.

... a transformation that has now being undertaken at high levels...

This revised Farside criteria suggested here seems so obvious that I am somewhat surprised that a google search doesn't turn up at least a few hits to LENR-CANR.ORG. I guess that may be an unintended side effect of trying to thwart the robotic search engines at google. If anyone knows of such a reference, please forward the citation before I make an even bigger arse, or was that 'parse'... of this new-patois than normal.

Consider this radical view of a modified Lawson-like "Farside Criterion” which could conceivably hold for three-body fusion initiation of this type. If we assume that the "target" D2- ion, the one at the focal point of every 500 atom Pd nanoparticle, is always near the virtual ignition temp due to electrostatic stress combined with beta-aether pressure: but only that one ion at the point of nanoparticle convergence, fusion can statistically take place when the other atoms are relatively 'cold.' Not just relatively cold but near absolute zero.

Density (particles/cm3) x Time (sec) = 10^16 (Deuterium-Deuterium fusion) can easily make up for the relatively low ignition temperature in the Farside criteria. As you notice, I am taking the radical leap of saying that most CF reactions in a Pd matrix or likely to be 3 or 4 body reactions. Has a nice ring to it... and makes it much more difficult to be proven wrong. And furthermore, asserting that the accelerating gradient is aether pressure - the Casimir like pressure that has been proven real, but never really understood.

Have most observers (including myself)  failed to realize the importance of the time factor in CF(assuming that some warped version of the Lawson criteria hold)? When a CF reaction doesn't show much effect for a couple of days, could it mean that the particle virtual temperature x time factor is off by a factor of nearly a billion (50 hrs = 180,000 sec which gives CF almost a billion times more statistical *time* i.e. comparing this particular factor to the 200 microseconds of the hot fusion variety) ?

But there is much more. Pd has a density of  20 gm/cc (and has 106.4 Atm wt), this gives 5E^21 Pd atoms/cc and at 1:1 loading the same number of deuterons.  There is thus an effective gain in CF Lawson-like criteria (everytime except TEMP) over that of hot-fusion of 10E^17.  Think about that - a gain of ten-thousand-trillion. That should indicate that the reaction is viable at absolute zero, where BEC-like conditions are likely to become overwhelming and influence the reaction on an all-or-nothing scale.

Hmmm....If I did not screw up the numbers, then freezing a chunk of fully loaded Pd to near absolute zero should result in the monster CF bomb... after a certain time period?

Jones

I should add a smiley, because I secretly implanted one fatal error. However, in order to see how long this info takes to get onto the cover of "Popular Mechanics" I will withhold that information and let Mr. Wilson make even more of a yellow-tail journalist out of himself...

PPS and quote of the day...speaking of yellow-tail (hamachi), my new favorite food after giving up burgers...

"If it can't run (or swim) away, don't eat it"
..... Tom Smith

Until recently the American Meat Institute and their subsidiary, the US Department of Agriculture, held that there was no problem feeding us scrumptious beef from infected cattle too sick to walk... have you seen those videos -sad but disgustingly true... just grind it down, mix it up, brains and all, with some tougher meat from bulls too mean to bar-b-que....

Pardon me, but I think I might just have to go outside and throw-up every hamburger I have ever eaten, and let me assure you, that is quite a few more than you want to envision....