[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

In a message dated 7/23/2004 4:49:59 PM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Or maybe it's the other way around! I get soooooo confused when I think
about gravity vs. acceleration!

You are not wrong.  Gravity produces a force.  GM/rr

This sounds like circular reasoning.  Which came first, the force or gravity?

Force produces gravity

Gravity = (G/ccr) (dp/dt)

Why is this?  Gravity travels at light speed.

If so, how is it possible for a galaxy to organize with a diameter of several million light years?
In order to conserve momentum within a universe where gravity travels at luminal velocities other forces must be introduced into the system.
Does this induced field respond faster than the speed of light?

Ed

The other force is induced field.  The same idea applies to the electromagnetic field.

The electric field produces a force

F = q/rr

An electrical force produces an induced field.

Field = L (di/dt)

The induced field conserves momentum during the interval in which a disturbance in the original field is propagating.  I have also done the math on this.

Frank Z