It appears we have made no progress at all on the issues I have raised.
Rather than wasting more time on that now, I would very much appreciate
information on a side issue you have raised in the discussion.

At 2:58 PM 8/20/4, Edmund Storms wrote:

>2. An isoperibolic calorimeter has an artifact when a magnetic field is
>applied.
>Such fields change the internal thermal gradients so that the calibration no
>longer applies.  Therefore, any claim based on such a calorimeter involving a
>magnetic field can not be believed.

Could you explain how a magnetic field significantly changes thermal
gradients in an isoperibolic calorimeter?   I assume you mean here that
even if magnets in the calorimeter are replaced with masses of the same
size, shape and thermal properties, but having no magnetic field, the
change in calibration will still be seen?

If it is known in advance that magnetic fields are going to be used in a
calorimeter, it seems like it should be a fairly small issue to use
materials in the calorimeter that do not significantly change their thermal
properties in a magnetic field.

It should of course be impossible for a static magnetic field to actually
change the total energy balance of a process, as that would be a violation
of conservation of energy.

Thus the question arises: even if there is no motion of conductors, and
even if no materials are used which have thermal properties which are
altered significantly by magnetic fields, can the calibration constant of
an isoperibolic calorimeter be altered by magnetic fields enclosed within
the calorimeter?

Regards,

Horace Heffner