Hey All.

Apropo our recent discussion...sure would be nice if lurkers could
speak up now and again. Hey, who's this Puthoff fellow anyway huh??? (grin).

Charge confinement by Casimir forces
Authors: H. E. Puthoff, M. A. Piestrup
Comments: 6 pages
Subj-class: General Physics

Laboratory observation of high-density filamentation
or clustering of electronic charge suggests that under
certain conditions strong coulomb repulsion can be overcome
by cohesive forces as yet imprecisely defined. Following an
earlier suggestion by Casimir, we investigate here the
possibility that Casimir forces can lead to charge clustering
of the type observed, and conclude that such forces may play
a role in the generation of robust high-charge-density effects.

http://xxx.lanl.gov/abs/physics/0408114