From: Nick Reiter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2004 4:49 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: new mini-paper with Sam Faile, etc

Hi Keith,

The power supply I had used and still use for the
"baseline" is/was a variable 0 to 40 VDC 3 amp supply.
 Not sure of the brand right off the bat - I can get
that for you when I am back at my office tomorrow -
and the reason I insert the past tense in the previous
sentence is that a while back, the variable part gave
up the ghost and the supply now puts out a steady
50VDC with very little loaded ripple.  The current
limiting part of the supply still works.  I also have
a Heathkit 0-500VDC 200mA supply and a Kepco 0-100V
supply.

I have played a bit more with applying anode potential
to the small electrode.  I can indeed see your point -
I did get some reluctant and very spitty sizzly glow
sheath at about 120V in KOH.  At slightly lower
potentials, I get a neat effect that is like little
micro-concussions at the electrode, but no visible
glow.

Best,

nr