--- Begin Message ---

I have a few question as a simple observer of things I know little about.
If the speed of light changed, would not the speed of the electron around
the nucleus also change?  Would not the rate of reactions within nature
and within the body not change in proportion?  In other words, would
Methuselah have aged just as fast?  In fact, how would anyone know
that the speed of light had changed if all things that move change in proportion,
as they must?   Suppose, as many people are proposing, that another
faster mechanism exists for communication.  Would not the use of this
method invalidate the conclusions about time that the speed of light implies?
Just a few questions to keep you thinking.

Ed

Frederick Sparber wrote:

 Richard Macaulay wrote: "My view.. that the continents could not have drifted " apart" since the east and west side of land masses " fit". The discussion reached a point of maturity with each "cutting the other some slack" whereas he could grant me slack that the earth could have expanded .. but the additional water required to fill the oceans would need to come from a close approach by Mars allowing the water to be  " stripped"." Going by the scriptures, Richard: "When Methuselah had reached the great age of one hundred and eighty-seven years he became the father of Lamech. Following this he lived the remarkable term of seven hundred and eighty-two years, which makes his age at his death nine hundred and sixty-nine years. It follows thus that his death occurred in the year of the Deluge." I interpret this as a change in lightspeed: E = mc^2 or m = E/c^2 suggesting that the lightspeed in the solar system at the time of Methuselahwas about 3.3  times it's present value , hence the mass of the earth was 1/10th of what it is now, andwas zipping around the sun ten times as fast as the present value. Conservation of mass and energyis thus satisfied: Orbital Kinetic Energy = 1/2 mv^2, Rotational energy = 1/2 Iw^2 where I is the moment of inertiaof a rotating sphere 2/5 MR^2, w =2(pi)/t. This would make old man Methuselah about 19 (of our years) when he fathered Lamech and 96+ when he went yonder. Note the decreasing ages of his progeny as the speed of light decreased.  :-) http://www.earth-history.com/Generation.htm  Frederick

--- End Message ---