At 2:44 PM 10/21/4, Horace Heffner (I) wrote:

>Perhaps line loss problems go away if a well tuned transmission line is
>used, especially a coaxial line or micrwave waveguide?  It certainly is
>true that transmission loss in modern glass is fairly low, perhaps AC or
>microwave transmission by waveguide can work?  As with DC, the problem then
>is at either end of the transmission line.

I suppose this was a probably dumb idea, as attenuation is always greater
in waveguides than in low frequency or DC conductors.  Optical energy
transmission might have a chance, but energy conversion is a problem.
Microwave transmission (from solar collectors in space) to an ocean surface
located antenna I think is already shown to be safe and feasible though.

Regards,

Horace Heffner