At 6:59 AM 12/17/4, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>I will upload this stuff to the university website if it is any good or
>leads somewhere, also once it is fixed and I can upload stuff again.
>
>http://www.corn-wall.freeserve.co.uk/home.htm
>or more directly
>
>http://www.corn-wall.freeserve.co.uk/Superluminal_Letter.pdf

The problem with obtaining interference patterns at a distant location
appears to me to be at least in part a problem of attenuation.   When a
member of an entangled pair of photons interacts with matter, especially in
a potentially polarizing interaction, the photons lose entanglement.  An
entangled photon that goes through a polarizing filter, for example, loses
any prior entanglements.  The attenuation problem is thus two-fold.  First,
photons are just plain lost to absorbtion.  Secondly, of the small
percentage that arrives, many have lost entanglement and thus act randomly.
For these reasons, it is necessary to do coincidence counting to establish
the inerference pattern and this requires an alternative channel.  If this
alternative channel can communicate faster than light, then no other
channel is needed.  It appears that using intermediary photon-atom
entanglement at Bob's (receiving) location does not circumvent this
problem, and in fact complicates things because then even coincidence
counting is no longer reliable.

Regards,

Horace Heffner