I dunno, Bill.  This guy's grizzly-proof suit and something called "fire paste"
seem to work.  The weird suit in the background of the photo reminded me that
I'd seen this guy's stuff on the Discovery Channel, so I googled his name and
came up with:

http://www.improb.com/news/2003/oct/troy-flamerproof.html

I have to agree.  It seems like total B.S.  But you have to ask why somebody
would go to all that trouble to dupe some investors out of a few tens of
thousands of dollars, escpecially an inventor with a track record.  Of course
they were from....France..., Remulac, maybe.

M.

>>Bill wrote:

Here's something from a basement inventor:  weird EM effect makes solids
transparent, ruins electronics, kills goldfish?

  http://www.baytoday.ca/content/news/details.asp?c=6657

http://www.baytoday.ca/content/news/gallery.asp?c=6657&Title=%3Cb%3EHurtubise+says+invention+sees+through+walls%2DBayToday%2Eca+exclusive%3C%2Fb%3E

The few experiences I've had with these things lead me to conclude that
it's a hoax.

The thing is horribly complicated and employs unknown principles... and
yet it WORKS?  How the hell would he debug such a beast if (when) it
didn't work when first turned on?  That's a dead giveaway.  Imagine trying
to build a laser or computer or TV set in 1905 from information received
in a dream.  Or imagine one person in 1905 trying to make a copy of these
devices, even with the actual device in front of them to work from.
Without continuing and extremely detailed step-by-step guidance, there are
many thousands of critical mistakes possible in a complicated system, any
one of which would screw up the function.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com