> While modern physics represents all forms of energy as equivalent through the
> conservation laws, is every form of energy consumption morally equal? .e.g.
> Some types of energy consumption keep people from freezing. Is this use of
> energy morally equivalent to the energy used to operate a shopping mall?
>
> I view some forms of energy consumption as a public good and these should be
> provided free of charge. Of course the taxpayer will ultimately pay but
> consider how the modern highway system was built.
>

> Harry

Wisdom rather than morality might be a better a word, but I think
what is wise is also good and moral.

I am concerned with the direction of energy consumption
and not the direction of energy generation. The way we charge for energy
means the values of capitalism are penetrating into every nook and cranny
of our private lives, since our private lives do require the consumption of
energy.

I now think we are in the midst of social crisis and not an energy crisis.
The spiritually disenfranchised want a source of 'free energy' as a social
prophylactic  against capitalism. I would like to imagine that CF or some
other over unity device could offer such a prophylactic but I am beginning
to believe the only real solution is a State sponsored solution.

Harry