----- Original Message -----
From: "Jed Rothwell"

> Neutron aficionados will enjoy these papers by Menlove et
al. from 1990 and 1991:
http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/MenloveHOlowbackgro.pdf>MenloveHOlowbackgro.pdf

Most interesting.

Especially in regard to recent past postings and speculation
about capturing ZPE energy from cryogenic cooling. Already,
I am ready to put a unique "spin" on this one. That would
involve the necessity, in some forms of CF, to use ZPE as a
necessary step to achieve fusion, whether it be in BEC
coherence or in mass increase or in epo interaction. The
details appear in prior postings, but if anyone is
interested, I can flesh it out again for this particular
situation.

It should be noted that only two of the samples showed
remarkable levels of neutrons. In one Sample DD-17, please
Note the definite cryogenic connection:

"We measured the highest neutron emission from sample DD-17.
This sample
contained 304 g of Ti (6,6,2) contained in a 1 L stainless
steel (SS) sample bottle. The sample
was degassed at a maximum of 230°C using helium to flush out
the remaining air and cleaning
agents. During the neutron measurements, LN temperature
cycles were performed with a small
amount (1 to 4 L) of D2 gas being absorbed during the
warm-up from LN temperature.

***On the seventh LN cycle, 17 L of D2 were accidentally
added to the sample while at LN temperature.***

About 1 h into the warm-up, a portion of the Ti chips went
into a hot exothermic reaction
excursion when all of the gas was absorbed in about 15 s. A
localized spot on one side of the SS
bottle was hot; the rest of the bottle was still covered
with frost. The bottle was immediately
dunked into LN for 10 min and then removed from the LN and
allowed to warm up in the
detector.

This could be evidence of slight mass increase deriving from
increased exposure to cryogenic temperature. Too bad they
are not working on this any longer. I would suspect that if
they were to "cold-temper" the Ti at liquid He temperatures,
and for an extended period, that they would get much more
impressive levels of neutrons.

But that is just my "spin" (and probably that of Frederick
Sparber as well).

Jones