Robin writes,

>BTW there are some low mountains in central Australia, in the
middle of the desert, that run more or less east-west, and have
steep sides. Perhaps not as high as one might like, but it would
make a good start.<

The combination of solar and wind energy can be harnessed for the wind turbine.Compensating for the height( change in elevation) an incline actually improves the combination. Add vortex energy and Australia is a natural. Considering that west Texas, like Australia, has an abundance  " dust devils" or tiny twisters that impulse daily,

One could study the " trigger" that permits the formation of these dust devils. The incredible amount of energy released  is amazing.

There have wind farms in west Texas in droves. The tax benefits and the Federal money involved has caused a feeding frenzy across the US for large array wind generators. The insanity of the projects make me turn my head as I pass some of them. Here we have the wind farm at the top of the plateau and the 2500 foot inclined radical change in elevation beneath and adjacent to the wind towers. Engineering science blinded by the dollar.

Oh well, they say Texas  and Australia have a lot in common

Richard

<<Blank Bkgrd.gif>>