Grimer wrote

>Now the implication of the magnetic lines of force not
being orthogonal to the current carrying wire is that
they form a tightly wind spiral which starts and finished
at a charged particle. In short the charge particle is
acting as a turbine taking in Chi-aether [chi being the
Greek equivalent of X, the unknown ;-) ]at its south
magnetic pole, say, and pumping it out at its north
magnetic pole.

Because of the obvious reciprocal relationship between E
and M as manifest by the function of inductors and capacitors
in electrical circuits for example, I have never been able
to understand why if a spiral electric flux in a coil
produces a linear magnetic flux along the axis of that coil,
a magnetic flux in a high permeability magnetic coil doesn't
produce a electric flux along the axis of that magnetic coil.

I have no idea how easy it is to produce a magnetic coil -
or indeed if it is practical at all - but its such an obvious
thing to do that I imagine people must have done it and found
nothing interesting.

I now realise that I am possible looking at things the wrong
way. The electric helical flux produces an effect one hierarchy
down, i.e. at the magnetic flux level. Therefore one might
expect a magnetic flux to also produce an effect one stage down.

But what is one stage down?

Perhaps it is gravity.

So although SMOT is experimentally as vacuous as a man trying
to fly by flapping his arms, the intuition underlying it is
>perfectly reasonable.

Frank, the spiral ring helix observed in a water vortex is, as Schauberger stated, a " reverse flow". Centrifugal and centripetal forces within the confines of the parabolic cone of the liquid spiral scream to us that the inner face " must" be smooth. It is NOT, it is ringed with spirals. Magnetic lines of force acting on metals shavings may not show the opposing force like  a water vortex  simply because they ARE one stage down,

 Smot may have given us a glimpse.

Richard

<<Blank Bkgrd.gif>>