At 07:52 am 11-05-05 +1000, you wrote:
>2005 17:02:40 -0400:
>Hi Steven,
>[snip]
>>It has been theorized that the electron circling the
hydrino's proton nucleus might eventually transform the
nucleus into a neutron if there have been a sufficient
number of fractional collapses of the orbital shell. I

>This doesn't happen.
>
>> believe this may occur somewhere around 127 fractional
collapses where the electron's velocity would eventually
approach the speed of light.

>That number is 137 BTW, not 127. 137 is approximately
> the inverse of the fine structure constant.

That's very interesting. Is that simply a co-incidence or is there
some theoretical reason why the number of collapses (which, of its
nature, has to be an integer, happens to be "approximately the
inverse of the fine structure constant".

I believe Eddington got quite worked up about the number 137. I
suppose that must have been in the days before they realise that
the fine structure constant was not an integer.

Frank Grimer