Hi All,

I'm sort of curious what you all think about the national ID
card bill that President Bush signed into law last wednesday.
You will all be required to prove citizenship the next time
you renew your drivers licences, rather than the usual mail-in
update. A federal database will store all of this information,
which can be checked by law enforcement as they see fit. Your
new drivers license will be a federal ID card.

This is the full bill, you must look inside of the massive document
to find the 7 pages relevant to this new Real ID.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d109:h.r.01268:

Here is a short faq

http://news.com.com/FAQ+How+Real+ID+will+affect+you/2100-1028_3-5697111.html?part=rss&tag=5697111&subj=news

A few questions.

1) Did you know of this law before I posted about it here?
2) If you did, how did you find out about it?
3) Having been rejected as a stand alone bill, would anyone
        like to speculate on why it was appended to this
        military appropriations bill?
4) Are the 54 people who voted against this bill unpatriotic?

Enquiring minds want to know...

K.