Moin Jones,

To my knowledge, nobody has ever written anything on this subject except me,
but it was such an obvious thing to do, that I am sure somebody else has
tried it.  I should say that I am nearly 100% sure that others know of this,
but are just not allowed to disclose.  Shortly after I did my experiment, a
NATO conference was held just North of Seattle and all of the major people
working with cavitation at that time were "invited".  That would include
Putterman, the rest of the UC cavitation bunch, and the U of Washington
cavitation crowd.  The rest were military guys, mostly from the Navy.  I was
not allowed in, of course.

My one and only experiment with radioactive stuff was in 1996.  As it
happened, I was living in an old apartment in the Capitol Hill area of
downtown Seattle that had yellowcake glazed tiles on the kitchen walls.  The
apartment was about 100 years old, and yellowcake was a commonly used
material back then for glazing tiles.

I cut up some old Levis jeans into squares about 5 inches square, simply wiped
the kitchen tiles down with the jeans material dampened with tap water, and
then I let about 6 of these squares soak overnight in a couple of liters of
tap water that I put in the fridge.  The next day, I ran the water through my
machine, but after about 5 seconds, I felt like I had been hit by a truck.  I
turned the machine off and stumbled into the bathroom.  My eyes were
completely bloody, my nose was bleeding, and I didn't know which end of me to
point at the toilet first.  It was a bloody mess, as the Brits would say.  I
spent the next two weeks in absolute agony, but I slowly recovered.  The
rotor of my device was shot through with holes.

The first really stupid thing about that experiment was that I did it without
any shielding.  The second really stupid thing about it was that I had a
geiger counter in my apartment, and just didn't bother to turn it on.
Actually, the first really, really stupid thing about doing that experiment
was doing it at all.

I didn't write it up at the time, basically because I was afraid.  I forget
exactly when I did disclose it publically, but I think that it was 2 or 3
years later when I was reading one of Scott Little's online experiments that
looked like it might actually work.  Like so many other experimenters we know
or knew, this highly trained, extremely intelligent, meticulously careful
person was pressing his face up against some thin plexiglass window to watch
what was happening inside of a functioning cell.  He had loads of shielding
and measuring gear in his lab, and was desperately working to initiate a
nuclear reaction, but he wasn't using any of the safety or measuring
equipment.  I finally wrote up what happened to me to illustrate (once again)
what can happen when things actually do work the way you hope.  I take it
Mizuno wasn't reading the Vortex Group that day, either.

I personally have no desire to ever repeat this, as there are more than enough
non-nuclear, sane applications for my device for me to spend several
lifetimes doing experiments with it.  It is a really cool machine.  If you
are crazy enough to try something like this out yourself however, I would
highly recommend using a SBSL rig, instead of a massively multibubble device
like mine, to make the experiment a lot safer (easier and cheaper too, I
might add).  Use shielding out the wazoo, and turn your geiger counter on.
Fission is all too easy when you use cavitation.  You don't need a lot of
radioactive material, either.  Like I said, I just wiped down the surface of
the tiles with damp cloth, and had more than plenty.  You couldn't even see
any trace of the radioactive material on the cloth, it was such a small
amount.

Viel Glueck und Rotsa Rueck!
Knuke