R.C Macaulay wrote..

> Having mentioned in prior posts my interest in "quadratic computing" (
> use of 4 computers rather than 2 ( parallel computing),

 Stephen Lawrence wrote...

>4 computers?  I don't understand.

The concept of using 4 computer in quad form rather than parallel. The thought being of borrowing from a qaudratic equation type architecture. Two of the computer being for the purpose of " mirroring" a 3 d image segment of a variable.These values are in analog format and must be converted to digital . They can be digitized by taking a " snapshot" of the image which also provides a time link.The third computer would handle the differential and used to " bias" the 4th computer which is formulating the completion of the equation.

Difficult to describe. The idea comes from thinking of the function of a simple electronic process controller with proportional and reset  plus derivitive action. One can imagine the number of  computers in cluster that " quadratic" programmming may bypass.There are some wizzs playing with this concept that should get together with the guys that put XBox and Game Boy together. May seem in the realm of imaginary mathematics way beyond present levels , however, the science community is beginning to reach its limits in existing math formulation. Where is the next Newton ?? He may be 7 years old with an XBox on each hip instead of  six shooter cap pistols.

Richard