From: "Terry Blanton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: OT Re: July 4

> > From: "Mike Carrell"
>
> > Knights Templar? European provincial politics by comparison. No nation
in
> > Europe remotely had the capability that the Chinese did at the height of
> > their weath and power.
>
> The Templars commanded a huge fleet of ships.  It is believed that the
Jolly Roger was flown by fleet after Philip and Clement conspired to disban
them.

> Some even believe that the alleged treasure of Oak Island was put there by
the Templars.
As I previously noted, many legends swirl around the Templars, including Oak
Island and Rosslyn chapel in Scotland.

Menzies claims that the great Chinese fleet numbered some 800, with double
hulled treasure ships carrying ove a thousand men, with tenders which were
floating gardens. The scale of the operation simply boggles. Nothing that
Europe could do at the time came anywhere close.

Mike Carrell