Jones Beene wrote:

Ed,

I would like to suggest that all plasma experiments, including Naudin's obtain their extra energy from cold fusion.

Then what would be the reaction? H+H -->D + e ?

Perhaps, but I suggest the more likely reaction is p + d = He3. This possibility can be tested by adding a little D2O to the cell. Going from the normal 6000 ppm to 1% should make a big difference in heat generation.

A transmutation reaction with the W would need to overcome far higher Coulomb repulsion forces, no?

Yes, but once the nuclear active conditions have been created, the Coulomb barrier appears to disappear for all reactions. Other factors appear to determine which reactions occur. At least that is what nature is trying to tell us based on many such observations.

Ed

Jones