Grimer wrote..

>The situation is completely analogous to
the Alpha-atmospheric (A-a) pressure
environment. The ambient atmospheric
pressure is 14.7 pounds per square inch
(psi). Any pressure below 14.7 psi is a
vacuum of some degree.

Unfortunately, long ago the electron was
arbitrarily assigned a negative sign for
its electric charge and the proton a
positive sign which doesn't help. And I'm
afraid it ain't possible to change them
over now with causing horrendous
confusion. One will just have to think
of negative charges as being at positive
B-a electric pressure, i.e. above
external ambient, and positive charges as
being at negative B-a electric pressure,
i.e. below external ambient.

I like the way Frank thinks. Way back in my salad days a like question arose regarding " accurate" flow measurement. There ain't no such animal. Every measurement is " differential" measurement including the fallacy of 14.7 PSIA.

Richard