Jones wrote..

>There are three 'coincidences' with this device which seem to make
>it different.

>Therefore, even though the device was
>built to accomplish one goal, it appears closer to being the
>serendipitous discovery of an interlocking set of operating
>parameters - which accomplish an even grander goal than it was
>originally intended to do.

I am amazed at the insight displayed by this writing. It is difficult to comment one a single point without including another.
I believe the most important message delivered is the possibility that it may be the beginning of a door opening to...
as Jones stated.. an even grander goal.
Back when the Manhatten project was shifted into high gear it seemed an excitement toward discovery permeated science.

What would it take to energize such a modern day excitement ?

Interesting op-ed piece in Sunday's paper   re: Three good reasons why $ 60 oil should worry us ( writer Paul Roberts)

Richard